Saturday, July 7, 2007

Live Earth

Random Live Earth observations from a casual viewer:

1. I never figured out what the donations were intended for. They should have been more clear on that one. (OK, funny now that I've figured out the "pledge" was not a solicitation for money, but for a personal commitment to make a change. Still, probably could have been clearer. Or maybe I shouldn't have been blogging while watching and I would have figured it out.)

2. Al Gore has made the image comeback of the decade.

3. Kudos to Sting, for being an aging sex symbol who is actually married to a woman his own age.

4. Shakira's performance proved my theory that she had a catchy song and hips that do unnatural things, but she sucks.

5. I haven't heard the Beastie Boys in 15 years. Somehow their lead singer still sounds like a whiny teenager.

6. How funny is it that I can't see the Chili Peppers without thinking about Dr. Flea?

7. My boy Dave wasn't great. Disappointing. He and his wife just had a baby, I bet he's not sleeping much. I hope he gets it together before I see him on August 10th.

8. Did iphone underwrite the entire thing? I'd love to know how much they paid for advertising. Incidentally, I got to play with one today. I'm not really a gadget person, but it was really cool. I'm not sure but I might need one. Mr. Jobs, you done good.

Wait a minute, did I just succumb to consumerism while watching Live Earth?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Dave show...what song did they play?

MMA

Dr. Smak said...

See the antsmarching site for the playlist. They only broadcast on network TV Don't Drink the Water. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but it wasn't anywhere near how they were playing last summer either.

I have faith...

catherine said...

I love Al but found his hair a little too slicked back? What do you think? Too gray to be that slick?

But still he seemed the most comfortable in his skin that I've ever seen.

And now I have a crush on Jack Johnson from the Australia bit.

Dr. Smak said...

I'll second the Jack Johnson. With his voice (which I like) I kinda thought he'd be a little pansy-boy looking...

but no, that would be John Mayer.