Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh

Dave Matthews has released a new live acoustic album. While listening to it yesterday, this song made me smile and remember Henry.

Oh

I hear you still talk to me
As if you're sitting in that dusty chair
Makes the hours easier to bear
I know despite the years alone
I'll always listen to you sing your sweet song
And if it's all the same to you

I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven, overflow, and fill hell
Love you oh so well

And it's cold and darkness falls
It's as if you're in the next room so alive
I could swear I hear you singing to me

I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven, overflow, and fill hell

7 comments:

rlbates said...

What a lovely song!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! may it always make you smile and full of good memories!

Dr. Smak said...

Dave has said that he wrote this song in memory of his grandfather.

Rach said...

What's the name of the new album? Do you know?

Dr. Smak said...

Rach,
This song was originally from his solo album "Some Devil". The recent version was from his recent live release "live in Las Vegas". It's on iTunes if you are so inclined.
Smak

Rach said...

I just found the album on iTunes... I also just found my copy of Some Devil buried in the car... DMB is so nostalgic.

Anonymous said...

Dr Smak, thx for sharing the words to this song....beautiful.
Enjoy the "dip" tomorrow night.
k3p3